Saturday, November 7, 2009

Making Mom Proud!

Being a mother is not for the weak of heart. I never knew this before I had kids. I thought you had your babies, taught them what was right and wrong and then just loved them and everything was perfect. Ya right! Now I know that parenting is TOUGH! Gut wrenching, back-breakingly tough. But.... every once in a while you get a reward, and think, "Hmm, maybe I am doing something right." That happen for me this past week. Last Saturday, (Halloween) Brennan's hockey team lost their game. I think it was their first loss of the season. The boy's and coaches were all completely bummed. Sunday night, Brennan hatched an idea. He started making phone calls to all of the junior varsity team. He planned workout's (off ice) for them every other day so they could get in better shape. The boys responded well, and had a couple of good workouts. Once they were gathered, the team captain's took over, which is how it should be. They also met on Tuesday night to get an extra skating session in. I was so proud of Bren for being willing to take charge and working to improve. He is just a 9th grader, but was calling 10th, 11th, even 12th graders to get together and workout. Hopefully this new workout schedule will pay off, although they are already pretty darn good. Either way, I'm proud of him.

1 comment:

  1. Good for Brennan! Next thing you know he'll be the new captain for the Viewmont Team!

    ReplyDelete