Wednesday, October 13, 2010

One Day Get Away

Will had to travel down to Green River yesterday for work. He offered to take Brooklynn to give me a break. I thought it was a great idea, but then decided I wanted to go too. Crazy I know. But I was dying to get out of the house. I've been pretty cooped up with a new baby. Besides, what a great chance to spend time with my sweetheart. My favorite time was when there was no cell service, and I had his complete attention!

We left around 10:00 in the morning and didn't get home until around 9:30 at night. Just in time to see the first miner rescued. (Yee-Haw) The Tamarisk is a restaurant in Green River that Will and I discovered years ago. It overlooks the river, and is just charming and a little quirky. We try to stop by every time we go down.

Brooklynn takes a break. This area is at a hotel right next to the restaurant. You can see the river in the background. It was so peaceful. We watched two doves play in the trees. What a perfect afternoon.

This is the restaurant. Make sure you stop by next time you are driving through. The chicken with the avocado, tomato and cheese is super yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment